Thursday, October 29, 2009
















One thing you can bet on while visiting China is the variety of foods you can choose to eat. From vegetarian to all different types of cooked meats. Overall, the local foods have been excellent. The few pictures shown from the buffet are braised turtle, chicken feet, and fish heads. I have tried the turtle which I find to be very good with the exception that they make it too spicy for me. I also ate fried intestines by accident......it did not taste so good. As far as street vendors, we have been warned to stay clear because 99% of the time they only sell cooked dog or cat. I am still on the look out for a street vendor selling insects because I would like to try scorpion on a stick before I leave. On an important note, Olivia is beginning to eat on her own (somewhat). Here is a picture from that experience. Good times.

2 comments:

  1. Doesn't look anything like the China Buffet here, good thing...I don't think I could eat there ever again if it did. You are more adventurous than me. Olivia is so beautiful, I'm so happy for you. Can't wait to see her in person.
    Jayne

    ReplyDelete
  2. It looks a little different than what we had before you left. Hope all is well. She is a cutie. Best of luck to you, laura and Olivia. John P.

    ReplyDelete